WOW. Pinch me, I must be dreaming! We arrived in Florence yesterday, and have been on the move ever since. From waking up early & heading to our school's orientation for a couple hours, to walking throughout the city of Florence, we have been non-stop moving. Its been quite some time since I have traveled to Europe, so I had completely forgotten just how bad jet-lag can be. I could barely keep my eyes open. We were awake for more than 24 hours during our days of travel. Sleep deprivation definitely takes a toll on your body. I rested yesterday and today, and slowly but surely I feel as if I will be getting used to the 6 hour time change from back in the states (yikes). Our apartment is HUGE, wit ebautoful views of the Duomo. I have my own single room, and I'm oving every second of it so far! We spent yesterday exploring our new home. Today after orientation we went to a bunch of different stores for some much needed retail therapy. We stumbled across a bunch of leather stores, and we found one that many Quinnipiac students have been to before. He was so nice and gave us incredible discounts! Don't be surprised when I come back to the states with multiple leather items! Tonight we had an incredible Italian dinner with the seven of us plus three girls also from Quinnipiac that we are mutual friends with. Absolutely DELICIOUS. Tomorrow we have our second part of orientation, and we are going to explore the city more after!!
CIAO!
No comments:
Post a Comment