Wednesday, February 7, 2018

1 month & 4 days here in Florence

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been so MIA,  it has been a crazy couple of weeks since coming back from Interlaken, Switzerland!

Whoever said that going abroad school work wise was "easy" is a complete liar. The work that I have here is substantially harder than last semester at Quinnipiac. My art history classes, I absolutely love and are so interesting, but are very VERY hard. But I guess it's so worth it. To be studying art history in ITALY!!!!

SWITZERLAND! Wow what a trip that was!
The bus ride there was not too bad. We left Florence around 7 pm, and traveled through the night, and arrived in Interlaken, Switzerland around 3 am. Since it was night time, it was a little bit easier to sleep on the bust, making the 7 hour bus ride a little bit more manageable. We arrived in Interlaken around 3 am at our hostel. Surprisingly, the hostel was really really nice. We went right to sleep and woke up the next morning ready to begin our adventure in Swiss!

We started our first day in Interlaken by walking to one of the lakes that the town has to offer. We learned that the word Interlaken literally means between two lakes. The water was nothing that I have ever seen before. Although the ocean water at home is crystal clear, the water in Interlaken was a shade of blue that I've never seen before! We spent the rest of the day exploring and ultimately impulsively bought a paragliding trip, one of the most INCREDIBLE expereicnes of my life. Literally breath taking. Impulsive decisions make the best memories.

I always heard about Switzerland being a very expensive country since they are not in the EU. But boy was I thrown for a loop! A happy meal at Mcdonalds was literally 15 franks, AKA around 15 dollars. Unreal. We had fondue one night, and chinese the next.

The food is NOT good in switzerland, besides the chocolate. Thank goodness we packed a bunch of snacks and stuff from Florence because the food was really really bad. I guess no one travels there primarily for the food. I don't see myself returning to Switzerland, but I am SOO happy I can say I visited there, AND went paragliding! ( for the first time ever)

This week in Florence we stayed instead of traveling over the weekend, some of us went to Prague and the rest stayed in Florence. We went shopping, had delicious meals, and got some much needed rest. I've been here for over a month and STILL feel like I have jetlag.

How is it already Februaty 7th. Time is FLYING. The best experience of my life is flying by and I am not sure how to feel about that, lol.

I finally have a daily routine down, which makes me feel more at home in a sense. I go grocery shopping for myself once a week, laundry once a week etc. etc.

This weekend were staying in Florence again.  Definitely gonna do some more shopping (sorry mom and dad). Might be heading to one of my roomate's grandparents who lives in Italy for dinner!

Ciao!! xoxox











No comments:

Post a Comment